Basix 4 Blokes TV
"WHAT’S on your PLATE?"
This is the unique vehicle to promote the aspirations and message of Basix 4 Blokes Charity.
The program is a hybrid of a few show “styles” with the intent of attracting a male audience that can then be exposed to the issues and solutions that the charity is addressing. The cooking element is aimed at teaching men how to cook a specific type of food rather than a particular recipe. For example, a roast, gluten free meals, a stir fry, a healthy vegetarian meal, curry, a whole food meal…
Each episode will involve a male with a public profile, who has experienced and conquered a health crisis (AFL player & coach, Jarryd Roughead is the guest for the Pilot Episode).
The guest will choose a type of food he would like to become competent in cooking. We will then source a chef from a restaurant that is highly regarded for cooking the type of food the guest has nominated Each episode will have the following format:
- The guest will arrive in a fancy/unique car provided by Duttons Garage
- The Dutton’s driver will give an overview of the vehicle the guest has been delivered in
- The guest will be taken to the kitchen and then introduced to the chef
- The restaurant the chef is from will get a short history/overview
- The chef will give the guest a cooking lesson on his requested food/cooking style, whilst engaging in a fun conversation that sets the context of what the guest is famous for
- The chef, the guest and myself will sample the food that has been prepared
- I will host a couch conversation with the guest, unpacking the emotions/feelings side of the guest’s health journey, such as:
- The internal activity when he 1st received his diagnosis
- How did he tell his wife/kids/parents etc
- What sort of reactions did his mates have when they found out
- Anything specific someone did that was helpful/unhelpful
- How his life is affected now by his health journey
- An opportunity for the guest to articulate any particular messages for men regarding their health
- A very brief overview of the Basix 4 Blokes Charity and what it exists for.
- An invitation to keep informed about the activities and opportunities Basix 4 Blokes is undertaking by joining the Basix 4 Blokes Tribe email list